Penelope is maintained to a very high standard.
- I carry a Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene certificate (catering).
- I have full Public Liability and Product insurance and full driving insurance.
- I am registered with Northamptonshire County Council and have the environmental health certificates to allow me to trade in the food industry. I hold a Food hygiene rating of 5.
Pink is the new green
- Penelope’s Vintage Ice Cream is extremely clean and environmentally conscious.
- We use 100% compostable tubs and sustainable wooden spoons. Everything we use is recyclable or has been recycled.
- We only use eco-friendly cleaning products.
- Everything is either original or vintage, as we believe in re-using what already exists in the world, rather than buying new to help save the planet.
We prefer Penelope to be silent running, using no fuel, as this is our ethos.
However, should you wish to hire Penelope and have a soft whipped ice cream option, in addition to hard scoop flavours, then please bear in mind that this requires the engine to be turning over. This is less environmentally friendly, and would be down to personal choice.